Thursday, June 17, 2010

WHAT IS TAICHI - IN CHEN TAICHI'S VOICE

 

1. IT IS AN EXERCISE THAT GOES A LONG WAY

To me, Taichi practice is not only a martial art training for self-defense but also serve as a balance training that help me throughout from my teenage till now and even future. When I was young, the beautiful circles, powerful moves attracted me to go further. Now, as my early 40's, I find the principle of searching balance and elegance way of living benefit me more then any others. As my teacher says, your Taichi started as a sport, then art finally lead you into the world of harmony, which is 'Tao'.

2. IT IS MOVEMENT - CIRCULAR, BALANCED AND ELEGANT

The circular, spiral type of movements prevent joint impact. By sync. the big nine joint's moving pattern, one's body can fully exercised. After several years practice, the speed and intensity of circles can be increased with very little chance of get injure in anyway.

3. IT IS A POWERFUL MARTIAL ART IN AN INTERESTING PLAY

Taichi start in searching body re-patterning through slow motion. Then with push hand practice one experience how to cooperate and coordinate with others as well as himself. When one can sync himself with the opponent, the power of both become one. There will be no opponent, neither one's own.

4. IT IS DRIVING BY FAITH INSTEAD OF BY FEAR.

Taichi training is begin and ended with faith. The faith of a world that everyone be able to stand by themselves. Everyone appreciate the cooperation from others as well as from themselves. It is not about defeating others, nor fear to be defeated. It is purifing ourselves, with better skill, more sensibile to the surrounding as well as within.
view taichi_intro.wmv 3.0 MB

No comments:

Post a Comment